Posted on January 29, 2015
We’ve rounded up some of the best blogs for financial services marketers to serve as your go-to resources for marketing a financial services company.
This blog is geared specifically to marketing leaders in financial services companies and serves as an objective source for insight on marketing, branding and sales strategy.
- 10 big trends reshaping financial marketing today
- Marketing must evolve or banks face a ‘no-growth death spiral’
We recently started using HubSpot to monitor our marketing efforts and their blog is loaded with the information and resources anyone working in marketing can benefit from.
Blogs we liked:
- What to cut from your marketing in 2015
- The 4 most important pages on your website (and how to optimise them)
Started in 2007 and maintained by consultant Christophe Langlois, Visible Banking focuses on ‘social media and digital innovation’ and comments on the actions of big names in the industry.
- Global top 20 Twitter accounts in financial services
- Wells Fargo invites Facebook fans to design its stores
4. Danny Brown
Rated one of the top marketing blogs, Danny Brown writes about business and marketing. He cares about how marketing and business ‘relates to us as humans.’
- Why we shouldn’t confuse real time marketing with data driven marketing
- How to build the commodities of identity and trust in social media
Financial Marketing News (FMN) is powered by Salva O’Renick out of the United States. Their focus is marketing, but they come at their content with finance in mind.
- 5 reasons you should be using customer journey mapping
- Customer understanding is the new black for marketers
Marketing Profs is an excellent resource for any marketing professional. With over half a million members to the site and countless contributors, their topics encompass every angle of marketing.
- What the financial sector’s renewed focus on customer service can teach marketers
- Four steps to getting started with social selling
To stay on top of marketing for a financial services company, you need to be informed about your industry and your audience. Bank Innovation delivers those industry insights.
- Using behavioural analytics in banks’ digital content
- How to sell to customers who are being disrupted
8. Bad Language
Backed by Articulate Marketing in London, the Bad Language blog is an advocate for excellent writing, but also addresses marketing, leadership and business topics.
- Content marketing: building a compelling business case
- 5 essential marketing metrics you should be measuring
Powered by Deluxe, this blog takes contributions from a number of authors offering marketing insight as well as other helpful topics for the finance industry.
Many of their articles are specific to financial advisers and social media, but the information is worthwhile for any financial marketing professional.
- 5 best practices for creating successful, customised email campaigns
- Attracting the next generation of clients. Are you ready for the next shift?
While we are at it, you may also like:
And, of course, our financial services marketing blog addresses the topics which matter to you.
Make a point to find your go-to resources so you are always informed and always confident in forming your marketing strategy.